MEDIUS seeks a Prepress Technician to join our Art Services department.
Responsible for setting up and preparing impositions into plate ready files for a variety of presses while adhering to job specifications.
- Analyze original files and proofs received from customer and compare to the job ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Using electronic page layout software to manipulate the format of the print job to the dimensions of the paper to create imposition to match job specifications outlined for a job.
- Plan imposition jobs, create imposition templates.
- Examine finished plates to detect flaws and to verify conformity with master templates.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication regarding plate or file status with all other employees as needed
- Maintain work area in an organized and clean manner, complying with safety, environmental, and housekeeping requirements. Report any machine or equipment deficiencies or safety concerns to a supervisor.
2+ Years experience in imposing files, and preparing to plate from written instructions. Thorough understanding of offset and digital print production
Worksite: Morgan Hill, CA.
Resume to HR: email@example.com and reference job code PrePress2021